class="abc_sports-template-default single single-abc_sports postid-283552 custom-background group-blog header-image full-width singular wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.4.5 vc_responsive"

Former Miami Dolphins offensive line coach says release of cocaine video was ‘what I needed’

33ft/iStock/Thinkstock
33ft/iStock/Thinkstock

(MIAMI) — Former Miami Dolphins offensive line coach Chris Foerster told NFL.com that the release of a video showing him using cocaine earlier this year was the prompt he needed to clean up his life.

Foerster entered rehab on October 9, the same day he resigned from his job with the Dolphins. He has since completed a 60-day program for drug and alcohol addiction. He is now in a sober-living facility as part of a 24-day outpatient treatment program, where he is subjected to twice weekly drug tests.

The 56-year-old told NFL.com that the video, released by Kijuana Nige, was filmed during a stretch where he had use cocaine for eight or nine days in a row.

He also said that he is open to a return to coaching football at any level, but understands his career may well be over.

“I had 25 years in the league and 10 in college,” Foerster said. “I’ve been blessed. I made a terrible mistake and I’m responsible for it, and I didn’t go to treatment because I wanted to get my job back.”

“I knew this [expletive] was out of control. It’s been the mosthumbling experience. But it’s what I needed,” he said.

Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

© 2018 Nebraska Rural Radio Association. All rights reserved. Republishing, rebroadcasting, rewriting, redistributing prohibited. Copyright Information
Share:
Comments