4S Goat Expo to Offer Seminar Show and Sale October 7th and 8th at the Lincoln County Fairgrounds, 5015 W Rodeo Road, North Platte Nebraska. The seminar will start promptly at 10:00 AM on October 7th.
Speakers and topics include:
- Disease prevention in Goat Herds – Brian Vander Ley, Nebraska Extension Veterinarian, Great Plains Veterinary Education Center
- Managing Parasite Pedigrees to Maximize Deworming Impacts – Brian Vander Ley, Nebraska Extension Veterinarian, Great Plains Veterinary Education
- Marketing Goats in Nebraska (important dates) – Bronc & Melissa Nicholson, M & N Boer Goats, Chadron, Nebraska
- Famacha for Goats – Randy Saner, Nebraska Extension Educator
- Benefits of Purchasing Quality Genetics – Lee Dana, Double D Boer Goats, Clay Center Nebraska
- Youth Goat Judging Contest ( Awards will be given to top youth in Junior and Senior Divisions)
- Goat Producer Panel – Goat Producer both new and experienced
- Fitting Your Goat for Show and Sale – Lee Dana, Double D Boer Goats, Clay Center Nebraska
Goats will check in Friday, October 6th from 3:00 to 9:00 PM and Saturday before 8:00 AM with the seminar starting at 10:00 AM. The show will start Sunday at 8:00 AM with a sale goat only show followed by a show goat only show. The sale will start at 1:00 PM. The program will be held at the Lincoln County Fair Grounds located at 5015 W Rodeo Road, North Platte Nebraska.
For more information contact Randy Saner at 308-532-2683 or by webpage at http://www.4sgoatexpo.com/ or http://go.unl.edu/0bot by Facebook athttps://www.facebook.com/4S-Goat-Expo-673122839426170/?fref=ts