LINCOLN — Nebraska Extension in Lancaster County is hosting a Successful Farmer Program Series on Fridays from January 4 to February 8, featuring timely topics for today’s farmers. Multiple sessions and topics allow ag producers to pick the topics most relevant to them and their operation. All sessions will be 9-11:30 a.m. in Lincoln at the Lancaster Extension Education Center, 444 Cherrycreek Road. Sessions also will be livestreamed. To watch, register online at https://lancaster.unl.edu/ag.
Attendees at last year’s series estimated a $16 per acre value gained by participating.
Scheduled topics are:
- Friday, Jan. 4 – Cover Cropping 2.0 with Justin McMechan, Extension Cropping Systems Specialist and Paul Jasa, Extension Engineer
- Friday, Jan. 11 – Alternative Crops with Nathan Mueller, Extension Educator and Stephen Baenziger, Professor of Agronomy
- Friday, Jan. 18 – Spray Drift Management (featuring a mobile lab) with Greg Kreuger, Associate Professor
- Friday, Jan. 25 – Changes in Ag with Tyler Williams, Extension Educator and Hilary Maricle, Commonground Nebraska and an Ag Tech Panel with Joe Luck, Associate Professor, Kelly Maaske, Midwest Farmers Cooperative, and a local ag producer
- Friday, Feb. 1 – Diseases and Nutrient Deficiency ID with Kyle Broderick, Coordinator, UNL Plant & Pest Lab and Ellen Paparozzi, Professor of Agronomy
- Friday, Feb. 8 – Ag Marketing (All attendees will be given access to a computer to follow along.) with Austin Duerfeldt, Extension Educator & Cory Walters, Associate Professor
Presenters are experts from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Other experts will be available to address more specific questions or interact with attendees during the breaks.
Registrations are not required, but are appreciated two days prior to the session(s) you want to attend. Register by contacting Karen Wedding at email@example.com or 402-441-7180, or going to https://lancaster.unl.edu/ag. The cost is $5 per session or $15 for all six sessions. Pay at the door with cash or check. Debit/credit card payment available for an additional fee. Refreshments will be provided.
Certified Crop Advisor education credits will be available. Download this flyer to share with a friend.