LINCOLN –Governor Pete Ricketts welcomed news that President Donald J. Trump has signed a new trade deal with South Korea.
“Thank you to President Donald J. Trump for signing this new trade deal. South Korea is home to some of Nebraska’s best customers and investors,” said Governor Ricketts. “The deal demonstrates a long-term commitment to this partnership with South Korea, which will deepen our ties and encourage even more investment in our future.”
The trade deal extends and expands the United States-Republic of Korea Free Trade Agreement (KORUS). Details of the deal can be found here.
NEBRASKA’S AGRICULTURAL EXPORTS TO SOUTH KOREA
South Korea is Nebraska’s fifth-largest agriculture export market, with $499.9 million worth of exports in 2016. They are a top-5 customer for Nebraska beef, hides and skins, corn, dairy products, distillers grains, and pork.
- Beef: $221.5 million – 2nd largest market
- Corn: $101 million – 3rd largest market
- Hides and Skins: $66.4 million – 2nd largest market
- Pork: $39.2 million – 4th largest market
- Distillers Grains: $23.4 million – 4th largest market
- Soybeans: $22.8 million