The 2018 Special Olympics Nebraska Panhandle Polar Plunge is back — and Team KNEB is again participating!
Saturday, February 24th, 2018 – 11:00 AM
YMCA Camp – Scottsbluff, NE
Who is on Team KNEB?
Current teammates on Team KNEB include:
- Bill Boyer – Program Director, Brand New Morning host
- Nik Chizek – Production Director, Brand New Morning host
- Tricia Strauch – KNEB Sales Representative
- FIRST TIMER: TJ Albright, KNEB Part-Timer/KNEB.tv Producer
How can I donate?
To donate, click on the following links:
- Click here to go to the KNEB Team Page
- Click here to donate to Bill Boyer
- Click here to donate to Nik Chizek
- Click here to donate to Tricia Strauch
- Click here to donate to TJ Albright
What is the Polar Plunge?
This bone-chilling event invites participants, also known as plungers, to collect pledges from friends and family for plunging into the icy waters of the YMCA Camp at Riverside Park in Scottsbluff.
A plunger can be anyone with enough nerve and heart, willing to dip more than their toes in some freezing water for a good cause. Minimum donations per plunger start at $50. Plungers can participate on an individual basis or be part of a team. And if you’re taking the plunge, just know that this event is all about having fun while doing good. In other words, dress up in a costume or come up with a theme for your team, the wackier the better.
Check-in begins at 9:30 a.m. Teams and individual plunges will start at 11:00 a.m. Immediately following the plunge there will be a post-plunge party held at YMCA Camp where lunch will be provided for plungers, incentives will be distributed and prizes will be given out. Polar Plunge merchandise will also be available for purchase at the party. Friends and family members of the plungers are also invited to attend the post-plunge party.