class="post-template-default single single-post postid-348640 single-format-standard custom-background group-blog header-image full-width singular wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.5.2 vc_responsive"

Fault in outlet wiring leads to house fire in Scottsbluff Sunday

Fault in outlet wiring leads to house fire in Scottsbluff Sunday

Fire forced a Scottsbluff family from their home Sunday afternoon.

Scottsbluff firefighters called to a trailer home at 1018 16th Avenue shortly before 1:30 pm, finding light smoke coming from the exterior of the residence.

Fire Inspector Anthony Murphy telling KNEB News crews entering the trailer found an active fire in the living room but were able to extinguish it fairly quickly.

Murphy says the cause was determined to be a loose connection in an outlet that overheated as it was running a space heater.

He says the family of three was not a home at the time,  however, four pets were lost in the fire.

Firefighter Ministry was on hand to help provide relief to the victims.

© 2018 Nebraska Rural Radio Association. All rights reserved. Republishing, rebroadcasting, rewriting, redistributing prohibited. Copyright Information
Share:
Comments