class="post-template-default single single-post postid-354707 single-format-standard custom-background group-blog header-image full-width singular wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.6 vc_responsive"

Gas leak forced early Wednesday dismissal for elementary school in Sidney

Gas leak forced early Wednesday dismissal for elementary school in Sidney

Students and staff at Sidney’s Central Elementary were moved out of the building Wednesday afternoon after discovery of a natural gas leak.

Superintendent Jay Ehler telling KNEB News the issue was uncovered by a member of the custodial staff around 2 p.m. “It was fixed right away, but the fumes were bad enough in the school that the students spent the last hour, hour and a half outside since it was a nice enough day to go outside in the fresh air,” says Ehler.

Ehler says parents were notified of the situation… and given the option of picking their kids immediately or following normal dismissal procedures.

He commended the principal and school staff on their actions to protect students… who returned to regular class schedules this morning.

© 2019 Nebraska Rural Radio Association. All rights reserved. Republishing, rebroadcasting, rewriting, redistributing prohibited. Copyright Information
Share:
Comments