class="post-template-default single single-post postid-248547 single-format-standard custom-background group-blog header-image full-width singular wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.2.1 vc_responsive"

Grill starts house on fire in Ulysses

ULYSSES – A home in Ulysses sustained minor damage Monday evening after a grill caught the deck on fire that then spread to the house.

Ulysses Volunteer Fire Department Chief Joe Soukup, says his department was dispatched shortly after 5:30 p.m. to 185 C Street…

No one was injured, but a male was transported to the hospital for a medical condition unrelated to the blaze. Soukup estimates the residence sustained $15,000 in damage.

Soukup said the original page to the residence said that four occupants and six pets were trapped inside, but when his department arrived everybody was outside.

The Rising City Rural Fire Department and the Dwight Volunteer Fire Department both assisted at the scene.

© 2017 Nebraska Rural Radio Association. All rights reserved. Republishing, rebroadcasting, rewriting, redistributing prohibited. Copyright Information
Share:
Comments