class="post-template-default single single-post postid-347737 single-format-standard custom-background group-blog header-image full-width singular wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.5.2 vc_responsive"

(Update) Stamford house fire blamed on electrical issue

(Update) Stamford house fire blamed on electrical issue
Courtesy/Photo credit to Miriam Land, Rescue Chief, Stamford Fire & Rescue -- Nov. 12, 2018.

Stamford, Nebraska — A house in Stamford was destroyed by fire Monday night. Stamford Volunteer Fire Chief Mike Shaw said the fire department was paged shortly before midnight to a single-story structure fire.

Shaw said the State Fire Marshal has determined the fire was caused by an electrical issue. Shaw said Tuesday, “there were multiple, small personal heaters throughout the house.” Shaw said, “we believe they may have had something to do with it.”

Shaw said,  “by the time our trucks had arrived, it was fully engulfed…there wasn’t much that we could do. We managed to contain it with the aid of the Orleans and Oxford fire departments by about 4:00 to 4:30 in the morning.  Luckily there were no injuries…the occupant made it out with their pets.”

Chief Shaw said firefighters put water on the house to save whatever was left. He says there will be a great deal of water and smoke damage, but hopefully the homeowner was able to save some pictures.

The structure had a steel roof and firefighters were still dealing with some flare-ups Tuesday under the roof.  The American Red Cross provided assistance to a female, the home’s only occupant.

© 2018 Nebraska Rural Radio Association. All rights reserved. Republishing, rebroadcasting, rewriting, redistributing prohibited. Copyright Information
Share:
Comments