— The Nebraska Department of Transportation (NDOT) is currently
working to make repairs to the flood-damaged roadway and bridges on various emergency projects in
the Omaha Metro Area. These include:
- Highway 30: Omni Engineering, Omaha, Nebraska, has the existing repair and resurfacing
contract and will perform immediate repairs on Highway 30 between Fremont and Arlington. This
work includes a road segment for full reconstruction. Traffic remains detoured while repairs take
place. The repair and resurfacing project will continue after the immediate repairs are completed
and the highway is open to traffic.
- Highway 77: Thompson Construction, Fremont, Nebraska, has been awarded the contract to
start immediate repairs on Highway 77 north of Fremont between US-275 and Logan Creek. This
work includes shoulder reconstruction and mainline paving. Traffic is being maintained in a single
lane through the use of a pilot car.
- Highway 91: Goree Excavating, Fremont, Nebraska, has been awarded the contract to start
immediate repairs on Highway 91 between Nickerson and Fontanelle. This work includes a road
segment for full reconstruction. Traffic remains detoured while repairs take place.
- Highway L28B (West Dodge Road):
o Hawkins Construction, Omaha, Nebraska, has been awarded the contract to start
immediate repairs to the section of West Dodge Road between US-275 and 228th Street.
This work includes major reconstruction of the 4-lane roadway to restore immediate
connectivity. Traffic remains detoured while repairs take place.
o Constructors Inc., Lincoln, Nebraska, has been awarded the contract to start immediate
repairs to the section of highway on West Center Road (Highway 275), between the
N‑92/US-275 junction and the Elkhorn River. This work includes total bridge and
pavement replacement. Traffic remains detoured while repairs take place.
Motorists are reminded to be aware of marked detours and to plan accordingly. Additionally, motorists
are reminded to follow the direction provided by the pilot car and to remain patient on roadways that
remain open while repairs are made.
Work already completed includes:
- ME Collins, Wahoo, Nebraska was awarded a contract to perform shoulder embankment
replacement on Highway 36 between Highways US-275 and N-31.
- Kerns Excavating, Plattsmouth, Nebraska was awarded a contract to haul embankment
reconstruction material for state forces along Highway US-34/75 on the south side of the
- Constructors Inc., Lincoln, Nebraska performed shoulder reconstruction on Highway 92 between
the Platte River and the US-275/L28E junction as part of their contract noted above.
NDOT personnel have repaired earthen shoulders, filled voids, removed flood debris, repaired roadways,
repainted pavement markings, flagged traffic, and manned barricades to restore connectivity.
Roadways that remain underwater:
- Highway US-34 from the Highway US-75 junction to the Iowa border.
NDOT will continue to provide detours for each bridge and paving section that has either been washed
out or requires repair through 511.nebraska.gov.