class="post-template-default single single-post postid-315693 single-format-standard custom-background group-blog header-image full-width singular wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.6 vc_responsive"

Police say 1 killed, 3 injured by carbon monoxide buildup

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) _ Authorities say a buildup of carbon monoxide gas has killed one person and caused three others to be hospitalized in Lincoln.

Police and medics were called to a north Lincoln home around 3 a.m. Wednesday. Officer Angela Sands says four people found there were taken to a hospital, where one of them died. No names have been released.

Fire Battalion Chief Jim Bopp says a medic’s carbon monoxide detector went off at the home. Bopp also says Black Hills Energy workers blamed the deadly gas buildup on a water heater problem.

© 2019 Nebraska Rural Radio Association. All rights reserved. Republishing, rebroadcasting, rewriting, redistributing prohibited. Copyright Information