class="post-template-default single single-post postid-353899 single-format-standard custom-background group-blog header-image full-width singular wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.7 vc_responsive"

Resident looking for dog is injured in Lincoln duplex fire

Lincoln, Neb.  — Authorities say one person was injured in a duplex fire that displaced several people in Lincoln.

Firefighters were dispatched around 4 a.m. Sunday. Fire officials say the flames were contained to the kitchen area of one side, but the heat and smoke damage made both units unlivable, displacing a half-dozen residents or more.

Investigators say combustible items left on a stove ignited when a burner accidentally was turned on.

The person was injured and taken to a hospital after going back inside a unit to look for a dog. Fire officials say the dog died. The person’s name hasn’t been released.

© 2019 Nebraska Rural Radio Association. All rights reserved. Republishing, rebroadcasting, rewriting, redistributing prohibited. Copyright Information