class="post-template-default single single-post postid-373489 single-format-standard custom-background group-blog header-image full-width singular wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.7 vc_responsive"

Senator Albrecht Newsletter

Senator Albrecht Newsletter

Extreme weather has caused devastation in Northeast Nebraska and across the state. My thoughts and prayers are with all those that have been affected, especially farmers and ranchers. Our first responders have gone above and beyond these last few days. The Nebraska National Guard, Nebraska State Patrol, and many local emergency responders have rescued hundreds of people and pets across the state. Our first responders, friends, and neighbors have truly shown us what “Nebraska Strong” means.

My office has been working closely with emergency managers in Dakota, Thurston, and Wayne Counties to ensure that the state is helping wherever possible. All three counties, the Winnebago Tribe, and the Omaha Tribe have made emergency declarations. Many county roads remain damaged and closed.

Updated information about the situation in our communities and across the state can be found at:

Nebraska Emergency Management Agency



Dakota County Emergency Management



Thurston County



Wayne County

(402) 833-5190


Nebraska State Patrol is urging everyone to not drive through flood waters and to keep their distance from the flood waters. Please refer to Nebraska 511 to stay up to date with road closures at or by calling 511. The Nebraska State Patrol Highway Helpline is available 24 hours a day for motorists in need of assistance. Drivers can reach NSP by dialing *55 from any cell phone or 911 in an emergency.

Residents who need help with home cleanup, cutting trees, removing drywall, insulation, flooring, furniture and appliances or other physical labor-type jobs, can call the Crisis Clean Up Hotline at 833-566-2476 to get on a needs list. Nebraska Volunteer Organizations Active in Disaster is coordinating volunteers from across the country to assist with cleanup. For more information, go to For those with other needs, such as food, shelter, clothing and personal goods, call 211.

For veterans affected by recent flooding in Nebraska, the Nebraska Veterans Aid may be able to assist with food, clothing, and emergency housing (i.e. hotel accommodations). Applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis to determine the amount of assistance a veteran and/or their eligible dependents would be able to receive. Additional information on the program is available here: Veterans should apply for NVA through their County Veteran Service Officer.

The Nebraska Department of Agriculture has put together a list of disaster relief resources for Nebraska farmers and ranchers seeking assistance due to severe weather. This list includes information about NDA’s Hay and Forage Hotline and programs from the Farm Service Agency. For information go

To help those affected by the storms, the following assistance programs have been set up:

Nebraska Farm Bureau established a Disaster Relief Fund at the Nebraska Farm Bureau Foundation to provide emergency aid to Nebraska farmers, ranchers, and rural communities affected by recent storms and flooding.

To make a gift to Red Cross Disaster Relief:

Call 1-800-RED CROSS
Text the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation

Live coverage of committee hearings and the full session of the Unicameral is available at

It is of great importance that I hear from my constituents to effectively do my job as your voice in the Legislature. I encourage my constituents to reach out to me and I look forward to hearing from you.



© 2019 Nebraska Rural Radio Association. All rights reserved. Republishing, rebroadcasting, rewriting, redistributing prohibited. Copyright Information