class="post-template-default single single-post postid-280297 single-format-standard custom-background group-blog header-image full-width singular wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.4.7 vc_responsive"

Three Sheep Die as Result of Christmas Night Fire

Three Sheep Die as Result of Christmas Night Fire
Courtesy/Sutton Volunteer Fire Department

SUTTON, Neb. – A structure fire southwest of Sutton resulted in the death of three sheep on Christmas night.

According to Sutton Volunteer Fire Chief John Shurman, his department was dispatched around 10:45 p.m. Monday night to a report that a metal building used to house animals, as well as storage, was engulfed. Initial knockdown of the flames took about 30 minutes, but Sutton Fire remained on scene until 2:00 a.m. maintaining hot spots.

The building is considered a total loss with damage estimated at roughly $45,000, not including cost of the lost sheep.

It is believed that electrical is to blame for the fire, in particular a heat lamp used for the sheep. Sutton Fire received no assistance in the incident.

© 2018 Nebraska Rural Radio Association. All rights reserved. Republishing, rebroadcasting, rewriting, redistributing prohibited. Copyright Information
Share:
Comments