WEST POINT, NEBRASKA
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA – Tuesday, October 3, 7:00 PM
Municipal Building, 444 S. Main Street
All agenda items are for discussion and action will be taken as deemed appropriate. The City Council reserves the right to go into closed session on any agenda item in accordance with Nebraska Revised Statute 84-1410.
A. CALL TO ORDER
1. Call meeting to order.
2. Inform the public that the Open Meetings Act is posted on the north wall of the Council Chambers.
3. Pledge of Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America.
4. Roll Call.
B. CONSENT AGENDA:
(Items under the Consent Agenda are proposed for adoption by one action for all items unless any member of the Council requests that an item be considered separately.)
1. City appointed boards and commissions.
2. Approval of minutes of previous meeting.
3. Treasurer’s report.
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. LB 840 Economic Development – Citizen Advisory Review Committee – six-month report.
D. BIDS: None.
E. CURRENT BUSINESS:
1. Housing Project – Cuming County Housing Task Force (Kelly Gentrup, Executive Director, Cuming County Economic Development).
2. LB 840 Economic Development Program – consider funding for a new business – The Good Earth Company.
3. Consider Manager Application (Nebraska Liquor Control Commission) submitted by Graybeal’s Foods.
4. Special Designated Liquor License – Main Street Tap, Bancroft, NE, for a wedding reception and dance on November 4, 2017.
5. Approval of council affiliated claims:
(a)Hugo Plumbing & Heating — services and supplies.
(b)Tom Swenson Advertising — supplies.
6. Discuss real estate purchases.
F. RESOLUTIONS AND ORDINANCES:
1. Resolution: recognizing the needs to build additional housing units in all Cuming County communities and agree to support Foundations Development, LLC in all efforts to fill that need to provide safe and affordable housing for the citizens of Cuming County.
2. Resolution: Approve Payment No. 1 to Elkhorn Paving Construction Co., Inc. for Public Improvement District No. 2017-1 (Neligh Park Improvements).
3. Resolution: Approve Change Orders No. 1 & No. 2 and approve Payment No. 2 (Final) to Elkhorn Paving Construction Co., Inc. for Street Improvement District No. 2017-1.
2. City Administrator