NATIONAL FFA WEEK:
National FFA Week kicked off Saturday, Feb. 22 and will continue through Saturday, Feb. 29, 2020.
During FFA Week, over 700,000 FFA members host activities and spread awareness of agriculture education within their schools and communities. Many chapters celebrate all week long by planning different events for each day.
National FFA Week always encompasses Feb. 22, George Washington’s birthday, according to the National FFA Organization.
Share your stories on social media using #FFAWeek and #GiveFFADay.
TRUE BLUE SALUTES:
The Rural Radio Network is highlighting Nebraska FFA members, advisors and alumni throughout National FFA Week.
Listen to the True Blue Salutes!
Kooper Jelinek – NE FFA State President | True Blue Salute
Matt Dolch – NE FFA Foundation | True Blue Salute
Haley Rodgers – Lexington FFA | True Blue Salute
Savannah Gerlach – NE FFA State Secretary | True Blue Salute
Jennifer Wood – NE FFA Foundation | True Blue Salute
Clayton and Taelor Krause | True Blue Salute
Vernon Benes – NE FFA Foundation | True Blue Salute
There are 189 FFA chapters in Nebraska with a current membership of over 9,000 FFA members.
The Nebraska FFA State Convention will be held April 1-3, 2020, at the Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln, Nebraska.
2019-20 Nebraska FFA State Officers:
- Kooper Jelinek, State President, West Holt FFA
- Savannah Gerlach, State Secretary, Tri County FFA
- Weston Svoboda, State Vice President, Burwell FFA
- Megan Fehr, State Vice President, Sutton FFA
- Faith Santana, State Vice President, Auburn FFA
- Luke Krabel, State Vice President, Adams Central FFA
- Sam Wilkins, State Vice President, Ainsworth FFA