The 2020 Special Olympics Nebraska Panhandle Polar Plunge is back — and we are participating again!
Saturday, February 29th, 2020 – 10:30 AM
YMCA Camp – Scottsbluff, NE
Who is on our Team – The “Numb” Bells?
- Bill Boyer – Station Manager, Brand New Morning host
- Nik Chizek – Program Director, Brand New Morning host
- Cami Lee – KOZY Morning Show, Brand host
- TJ Albright – KOZY/Trail on air host
- Adam Ostdiek – Sales Representative
- Cardell Mackrill – Production Director, KOZY/KMOR on air host
- Doug Southard – Sales Manager
How can I donate?
To donate, click on the following links:
- Click here to go to the “Numb”bells – the Rural Radio Team Page
- Click here to donate to Bill Boyer
- Click here to donate to Nik Chizek
- Click here to donate to Cami Lee
- Click here to donate to TJ Albright
- Click here to donate to Adam Ostdiek
- Click here to donate to Cardell Mackrill
- Click here to donate to Doug Southard
What is the Polar Plunge?
This bone-chilling event invites participants, also known as plungers, to collect pledges from friends and family for plunging into the icy waters of the YMCA Camp at Riverside Park in Scottsbluff.
A plunger can be anyone with enough nerve and heart, willing to dip more than their toes in some freezing water for a good cause. Minimum donations per plunger start at $50. Plungers can participate on an individual basis or be part of a team. And if you’re taking the plunge, just know that this event is all about having fun while doing good. In other words, dress up in a costume or come up with a theme for your team, the wackier the better.
Check-in begins at 9:00 a.m. Teams and individual plunges will start at 10:30 a.m. Immediately following the plunge there will be a post-plunge party held at YMCA Camp where lunch will be provided for plungers, incentives will be distributed and prizes will be given out. Polar Plunge merchandise will also be available for purchase at the party. Friends and family members of the plungers are also invited to attend the post-plunge party.