In order to control potential exposure to COVID-19, Cuming County will closely follow the Federal and State guidelines for conducting business at the Cuming County Courthouse. Please understand that safety guidelines may change often and quickly. The Board of Supervisors, under the advisement of Cuming County’s Emergency Management Director, will inform the public of any and all changes as quickly as possible via local media.
For the safety of the general public, as well as county staff, the following changes have been made and will take effect on Monday, March 23, 2020:
1. All entrances to the Courthouse will be locked.
2. County employees will report to work as directed by the department supervisor.
3. All public visits to the courthouse, with the exception of those scheduled for court, will be allowed by appointment only. Customers should call the county office in advance to make an appointment. (Phone numbers are listed below.) At the appointed time, a
county staff member will meet the caller at the East door to let him/her in. No walk-in visits will be permitted.
4. County Court and District Court will continue as scheduled at this time.
a. Citizens scheduled for court should call the court before leaving home, to verify if any recent changes have been made.
b. Judge Michael Long is encouraging only essential personnel – plaintiffs, defendants, attorneys, law enforcement, DHHS, probation officers, witnesses and parents of juveniles – to appear for any court hearings. Non-essential individuals will be denied entry and asked to wait in their vehicle or outside the courthouse building.
5. Citizens are strongly encouraged to conduct business online from home whenever possible. Visit Cuming County’s website at http://cumingco.com for available online services.
a. Motor Vehicle websites: https://dmv.nebraska.gov/locations/cuming-county and
https://dmv.nebraska.gov/services. For new vehicle titles, call the Treasurer’s office to schedule an appointment.
b. Real Estate & Personal Property Tax website: www.nto.us. Tax deadlines have not been changed. Payments can be mailed or placed in the drop box at the West entrance.
6. At this time, the election is still on as scheduled. Registered voters have the option to vote at home for the May 12th Primary Election by requesting an early voter ballot from the Clerk’s Office. Download the application from http://cumingco.com or call the
clerk’s office and forms will mailed or emailed. Completed applications can be mailed or emailed back to the Clerk’s office or placed in the County drop box next to the West entrance. Deadline to apply for an early voter ballot is May 1st.
Cuming County Officials