class="post-template-default single single-post postid-503632 single-format-standard custom-background group-blog header-image full-width singular wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-6.4.1 vc_responsive"

Dog Kennel Heat Lamp Starts Gering Carport Fire Sunday

Dog Kennel Heat Lamp Starts Gering Carport Fire Sunday
File Photo (KNEB/RRN)

An overheated heat lamp in an exterior dog kennel appears to have been that cause of a fire in Gering Sunday night that caused an estimated $35,000 damage.

Gering Fire Chief Nathan Flowers tells KNEB News his department was called to the 700 block of K Street around 8 p.m. to find active fire involving the kennel, a vehicle and a wooden carport that was starting to consume the exterior of the residence.

Flowers says firefighters were able to perform a quick knock-down of the flames, leaving significant damage to the carport and vehicle, and some exterior damage on the home.

He tells us the impact was limited to property loss, and there were no injuries connected to the incident.

© 2021 Nebraska Rural Radio Association. All rights reserved. Republishing, rebroadcasting, rewriting, redistributing prohibited. Copyright Information
Share: