Your taste buds will be buzzing at the 2019 Nebraska State Fair. Several new mouth-watering foods are on tap for the 11-day event that begins Aug. 23.
“We have fantastic concerts, activities and competitions, but food is always a top attraction at Nebraska State Fair,” said Nebraska State Fair Executive Director Lori Cox. “Our new additions like the dilly dog, maple bacon mini donuts or a refreshing pineapple whip piña colada are sure to be on your must-try list.”
Here’s a look at the new foods that will be dished up at the Fair:
· Fried Beef or Cheese Ravioli – sprinkled with parmesan cheese and served with marinara sauce.
· Wicked Witch Sandwich – smoked pulled chicken smothered in Nebraska’s own Dorothy Lynch dressing and topped with jalapeños and our house coleslaw on a brioche bun.
· Hillbilly Deluxe Burger – a seasoned steak burger topped with creamy mac and cheese, pickles, fried onion crisps and drizzled in our house BBQ sauce on a brioche bun.
· Baja Corn Dog – a hot dog fresh dipped in corn dog batter and slathered in a spicy mixture of mayonnaise and crema and then sprinkled with tajín, cotija cheese, cilantro and sweet pepper bits.
· Dilly Dog – a hot dog inside a cored crunchy dill pickle and dipped in corn dog batter and fried golden brown.
· Bourbon Chicken Bowl – sautéed chicken smothered in a super-secret sweet and tangy bourbon sauce with broccoli florets all piled high on a bed of steamed cilantro rice.
· Sparky’s Wing Nuts – rocky mountain oysters or bull fries are lightly breaded and fried to perfection and served with a three-time world champion wing sauce.
· Made it Myself Shaved Ice – flavor your own snowball at the Imagination Flavor Station with 60+ different flavors!
· Shrimp Nachos – hot off the grill with sautéed shrimp, onion, bell pepper and tomatoes on top of a bed of crispy tortilla chips, topped with shredded cheese and drizzled with queso blanco.
· Corn Pops – a popcorn ball on a stick that comes in three flavors: birthday cake, original and tootie fruity.
· Pineapple Whip Piña Coladas – a tropical drink made with a state fair favorite, pineapple whip.
· Pineapple Whip and Strawberry Whip Popsicles – pineapple and strawberry flavored refreshing treat to cool you off on a hot day.
Other new items include maple bacon mini donuts, jalapeño popper salad, corn on the cob, and four berry and tropical sunshine smoothies.