class="post-template-default single single-post postid-512835 single-format-standard custom-background group-blog header-image full-width singular wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-6.4.1 vc_responsive"

Two Sent to Hospital as Precaution After Alliance House Fire

Two Sent to Hospital as Precaution After Alliance House Fire
Photo Courtesy Alliance Fire Dept. Facebook page

Authorities say fire in the basement of a home in Alliance Thursday morning sent occupants to the hospital as a precaution.

The Alliance Fire Department was called to 1100 block of Platte Avenue shortly after  6:30 a.m. regarding smoke coming from the basement of the home.

Chief Troy Shoemaker says little smoke was visible on arrival, but firefighters found
moderate smoke inside and flames in a room in the basement.

Shoemaker says fire crews quickly extinguished the fire, and one adult female and one juvenile male that were in the home at the time of the fire were taken to Box Butte General Hospital for observation due to potential smoke inhalation.

The fire department responded with 13 firefighters, with one ambulance, one fire engine, one aerial ladder truck and
one command vehicle.

The Alliance Police Department, City of Alliance Public Works Department, City of Alliance Electrical Department and Black Hills Energy.

The fire remains under investigation by the Nebraska State Fire Marshal’s Investigation Division and Alliance Fire.

© 2021 Nebraska Rural Radio Association. All rights reserved. Republishing, rebroadcasting, rewriting, redistributing prohibited. Copyright Information
Share: