OMAHA, Neb. – The Omaha volleyball program secured its fourth-straight sweep with a 3-0 win over Oral Roberts Tuesday evening.
Omaha (14-11, 7-4) was able to bounce back from its previous loss to the Golden Eagles (6-19, 2-9) with three dominant sets by a score of 25-14, 25-15, 25-16.
• Omaha secured it’s fourth-straight Summit League win and its fourth-straight sweep of the season.
• The Mavericks are now 9-2 in three-set matches.
• Sadie Limback, Alexa Blasé and Isabella Sade each recorded a team-high 11 kills apiece.
• Limback extended her double-digit kill streak to 11 straight matches.
• Limback also extended her .300 or better clip to 11 matches as she posted a .391 hitting percentage.
• Omaha’s 11 aces marked a new season high.
• Blase hit a blistering .643 hitting with her second-career double-digit kill performance.
INSIDE SET ONE
The Mavericks immediately took control of the match from the get-go with three Limback kills. Omaha’s lead extended to 10-4 with two Anna Blaschko kills, two aces by Limback and Kenzie Michalek and an ORU attack error. Midway through the match, Omaha increased the gap to double-digits with a 9-3 run to close out the set, 25-14.
INSIDE SET TWO
The second set was all Omaha as the team recoded another five aces in that frame alone. Two-straight Limback aces made it 9-3, followed by two-straight Michalek aces that brought the Omaha lead to 12-4. A 4-0 spurt sparked by a Blaschko kill made it 16-6 Omaha. Despite a pair of 3-0 ORU streaks, Omaha maintained control of the match and cruised to a 25-15 win.
INSIDE SET THREE
A 5-0 run in the early portion of the third set helped Omaha cruise to the homestretch for the win. Omaha led 5-2 and doubled its lead after a trio of kills by Blase, Blaschko and Limback, along with two ORU attacking errors. The team eventually led by nine on two separate occasions, but the Golden Eagles eventually cut it to six (16-10). Omaha, however, scored its winning points on a 6-3 run that ended the match with a Sade kill, 25-16.
Omaha sets its sights on a crucial match this Friday, Nov. 1, at 7 p.m. against first-place South Dakota, who is undefeated in the league. The match takes place in Baxter Arena and also marks Senior Night for Courtney Morehead. Fans are encouraged to stay after the match as Morehead will be recognized with her friends and family. For more information, visit OMavs.com.